Advanced Snorkelling Marine Park SkinDiver Boat Tour from Sorrento
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Sorrento, VIC
- Product code: 90M-POPES-TR
DISCOVER THE JOY OF THE SEA, SNORKELLING & SURROUNDED BY FISH
Advance your snorkelling skills and dive deeper into the joy of the sea with this friendly and fun snorkelling and skindiving tour in the emerald green and azure blue waters of southern Port Phillip Bay.
In a group of up to 10, enjoy a one-of-a-kind aquatic boat adventure duck-diving under in the natural marine parks of the Mornington Peninsula. Swim with colourful fish, active fur seals, and enjoy the opportunity to immerse with wild dolphins in the right moment, should they appear along the way. And even finish the experience with a PADI SkinDiver certificate in hand.
Meeting at Sorrento Pier, after checking-in, you’ll receive a warm introduction from your instructor and guide. During the interactive briefing, learn about local conditions and how to choose a dive site with confidence. Dressing in your own gear or the hire equipment, there’s time for advice and recommendations to choose the right gear for our unique temperate reef environment. In the water you’ll bond with new buddies over snorkelling skills development and safety techniques.
On your new guided skindiving journey, in the pristine waters and rich natural habitat of the Port Phillip Heads Marine Park you’ll visit two snorkel sites (including Popes Eye Marine Park) to see wonderfully colourful fish and the vibrant strands of kelp and seaweed of the Great Southern Reef.
At the hallowed Marine Park known as Popes Eye, a never completed defence fort commenced in 1888, now marine park worthy of admiration, it’s common to see blue throat wrasse, old wives, zebra fish, stingrays, long snout boarfish, magpie perch, butterfly perch, sea sweep and occasionally Australian fur seals acting about.
- Popes Eye is positioned on the tip of a significant sand bank and has a diameter of approximately 100 meters
- Popes Eye is a declared protected marine park, and is only accessible by boat
- The reef is vibrant and alive with fish life and the ideal location to explore snorkelling and skindiving
Here at Popes Eye, in company with your small group of new skindiver friends, with your instructor you will not only skindive to get a closer look at the fish and scenery below, you’ll receive expert guidance on duck-diving refinement, efficient finning, equalisation of the ears and adjusting weighting for the best underwater snorkelling experience.
Before you know it you’ll be snorkelling underwater in better tune with your environment, with more graceful and fluid movements and a new level of ease that takes you closer to the marine life for even better photos and video.
Relaxing on the boat on the short journey back to the pier, you’ll rejoice in your new found skills and knowledge, excited for your next encounter and adventure into the natural marine paradise with the unique marine creatures of Port Phillip Bay.
Ideal for Experienced Snorkellers Keen to Advance Skills & Knowledge
Earn Your PADI Skindiver Certification
Only Maximum 10x Guests for Optimum Experience
Snorkel Vibrant Popes Eye Marine Park
Bring Your Own Snorkelling Gear or Choose from Hire Gear Available
Terms & Conditions:
- Tours depart from Sorrento Pier
- Directions to Sorrento Pier
- All Guests must be minimum 14 years of age
- Please be at the pier at least 15 minutes before meeting time to ensure you have enough time to check in, dress in your wetsuit and receive your snorkelling equipment
- Tours depart at the scheduled time and will not wait for late guests
- Please dress comfortably and warmly
- Please bring swimmers, a towel, a hat, sunglasses, camera and your own re-usable water bottle
- Toilet facilities are available on board the vessel
- We prefer guests have basic swimming skills as a minimum
- Guests with back, neck, shoulder or heart conditions, those who are pregnant or who have injuries/conditions that may cause a risk to their health are advised to not do these tours, or do so at their own risk
- Sea conditions can be unpredictable at times, this may cause physical injury, psychological stress or motion sickness
- Tours are rarely cancelled, the experience provider will reschedule your tour only in the case of severe weather which would make the tour unsafe
- Subject to minimum numbers and may be rescheduled if minimum numbers are not met
- The supplier reserves the right to substitute the vessel and / or change the day’s itinerary without notice
- Reschedule fees apply and conditions apply for cancellations or all fees will be forfeited