2hr Dolphin and Seal Swim Reef Snorkel Tour
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Sorrento, VIC
- Product code: 2H-DSR-TR
Escape the crowds and enjoy swimming with dolphins and seals on WaterMaarq's awarded ethical Nature tours from Sorrento on Victoria's gorgeous Mornington Peninsula. Discover the vibrant Great Southern Reef colours on a more personal boutique snorkelling eco tour for only 12 guests on board a fun, swift and stable RIB boat.
- Unlike the larger tour boats, we use 6-12 passenger RIB boats, for a swift, up close and personal wildlife experience
- Enjoy a calm and peaceful snorkelling adventure with your certified guide for an enhanced memorable tour
- Highest chances of seeing wildlife with highly trained, personable, knowledgeable and fun guides
- If you are looking for adventure, our low profile RIBs will get you closer to the action
- Avoid the crowds, and satisfy your curiosity with plenty of one-on-one to ask questions and more time in the water
- Join a fun, relaxed, educational bay tour that puts you in the front seat
Explore the undiscovered Great Southern Reef, home to marine life only found in temperate waters. You'll get up close and personal to seals, rays, weedy seadragons and unique fish like nowhere else. Visit a new world of colour on this fun boat tour from the pretty seaside town of Sorrento on the Mornington Peninsula, near Melbourne.
On this fun snorkel adventure for maximum twelve guests, you'll enjoy discovering the beauty of the temperate reef. Snorkelling at up to three different sites you'll meet colourful fish, graceful stingrays, unusual weedy seadragons and swim with entertaining seals. In our fast RIB boat we'll quickly travel between each location, looking out for dolphin sightings as we explore the southern end of the very pretty Mornington Peninsula.
The local population of bottlenose dolphins are significant to our area and it's always an exciting moment when they choose to interact with us. They don't always appear, but when they do we have the unique chance in life to be in the water with them, appreciating their size and the incredible look in their eyes as they swim in close range.
Swim with dolphins. Snorkel with seals. Float over magical reef. The tour departs Sorrento, original land of the Boonwurrung people, site of the first European Settlement in 1803. Passing beneath the up to 20-million year old unique calcarenite cliffs of the Mornington Peninsula National Park, in less than 15 minutes you'll be exploring the vast chain of the Great Southern Reef beneath the water and its unusual yet often majestic marine life.
Here, you'll meet nature's finest temperate marine animals, many that exist nowhere else on Earth. Your friendly crew will guide you as you explore the incredible diversity and magic of our mysterious underwater world.
Home to a variety of marine life including fur seals, zebra fish, little penguins, bottlenose dolphins, rays, giant cuttlefish, spider crabs, sponges, kelp and the famous weedy seadragons. Smile from ear to ear as dolphins and entertaining seals swim about, listen curiously to the grunts and clicks of fish working the reef and be mesmerised by the rich colours you could never have imagined live beneath the surface.
Even improve your snorkelling skills with our tips from our guides for finning, duck-diving and equalising your ears.
- Swift eco style rigid inflatable boat
- Remarkable wildlife snorkelling across three sites, for up to 1.25hrs
- Opportunity to swim with bottlenose dolphins, weedy seadragons, Australian fur seals and smooth stingrays
- Personalised approach for greater confidence, improve your snorkelling skills
- All equipment provided including warm wetsuits and snorkelling gear
- Range of prescription masks available
- Completely natural wildlife experience, no feeding or trained animals
- Face-to-face expert commentary and in-water supervision with qualified guides
Terms & Conditions:
- Tours depart from Sorrento Pier
- Directions to Sorrento Pier
- All Guests must be minimum 8 years of age
- All Guests must be minimum 100cm tall
- Please be at the pier at least 25 minutes before tour departure time to ensure you have enough time to check in, dress in the provided wetsuit and receive your snorkelling equipment
- Tours depart at the scheduled time and will not wait for late guests
- Please dress comfortably and warmly
- Please bring swimmers, a towel, a hat, sunglasses, camera and your own re-usable water bottle
- Guests must have basic swimming skills as a minimum. Snorkel tours do not cater for people with no swimming ability. The Captain retains the right to refuse passage
- Guests with back, neck, shoulder or heart conditions, those who are pregnant or who have injuries/conditions that may cause a risk to their health are advised to not do these tours, or do so at their own risk
- Sea conditions can be unpredictable at times, this may cause physical injury, psychological stress or motion sickness
- Tours are rarely cancelled, the experience provider will reschedule your tour only in the case of severe weather which would make the tour unsafe
- Subject to minimum numbers and may be rescheduled if minimum numbers are not met
- Guests will have the opportunity to see and swim with dolphins, however sightings can not be guaranteed as they are wild animals
- Tours are conducted under strict permit conditions governed by the provisions of the Wildlife Act 1975 and the Wildlife (Marine Mammal) Regulations 2019 and as an approved permit holder we and all guests must observe and conduct our activities under the conditions of the permit. Details of these conditions are provided prior to the tour and on board the vessel
- The supplier reserves the right to substitute the vessel and / or change the day’s itinerary without notice
- Guests must provide at least 24 hours notice for cancellations or all fees will be forfeited