Sea life through Dolphin eyes on WaterMaarq's awarded ethical Nature tours. Swim with Dolphins, Seals and Weedy Seadragons to discover the vibrant Great Southern Reef colours on board a fun, swift and stable 12-person RIB boat.
Departure from Sorrento Pier To Weedy Seadragon Lair, Pope’s Eye Marine Park and Chinaman’s Hat Seal Haulout includes:
● 2-HOUR BOAT TOUR, QUICK WITHOUT RUSHING (Allow up to 3 hours including arrival, briefings and changing afterwards)
● ALL SNORKELLING GEAR INCLUDED FOR YOUR COMFORT (Mask, Snorkel, Fins, and Warm 5mm Wetsuit)
● MAXIMUM 10 SWIMMERS PER TOUR (for a more personalised experience)
PEAK SEASON (December 16 to January 31)
OFF-PEAK SEASON (OCTOBER – APRIL)
*Minimum of four passengers for tour to proceed unless on a Private Tour
Before you know it, you’ll be zooming across the bay on the Apollo — spend less time in transit and have more fun-time playing in the water.
Imagine you had 300 degree vision like a dolphin. You too would see forwards, backwards and to the sides. In other words, you get a panoramic view of a dolphin’s world above and below the sea. In fact, when you see a dolphin bow riding, they’re turning on their back and sides so as to get a good look at who is on the boat.
And when you join a WaterMaarq boat tour, you immerse yourself into the dolphin’s playground.
You slip into the warm wetsuit, put on the mask and snorkel, dive into the waters and frolic just like a dolphin leaping in the waves with the sheer joy of it. Ducking and diving and swimming amongst all of the dolphin’s friends. There’s the seadragon sitting on the reef minding his own business. There’s the stingray gliding by like a UFO, competing for space with their frenemy, the cool and coy bottlenose dolphin. Look up to the skies and you’ll see the dolphin’s food spotters, the Australasian gannets diving like asteroids into the bait-ball in the sea. One splash and the dolphins know that it’s feeding time ahead. Meanwhile, a squid or two might look on and overcome their shyness to zoom in for their surprise reveal. The dolphin’s oyster is your world for a couple of hours. The invisible becomes visible for you to see — the flowing locks of reef, the mossy vegetation, the rippling sand floor and the emerald water itself.
Along the way, the dolphins are their own stars, lighting up the tour when they feel like coming out of their shells. At times, they’re like colourful fireworks. Other times, they’re on their own totally excellent adventure.
Unlike their playmates, dolphins are on island time — there’s no Rolex, no deadline, no schedule, just the free spirit of timeless nature. Even when they’re not present, they are always there in spirit when you are immersed in their home, the sea. And you get to see their world through their eyes and move freely as they do. Rolling to the side. Duck diving under. Looking about to see who’s showing up next. Being stress-free, playful and peaceful is the dolphin’s gift to us.
Meanwhile, a comet trail of bubbles zooms past your very eyes. Not to be outdone by the dolphins, a couple of cheeky seals arc tightly in front of you to show off their acrobatic fin skills — darting left and right, even rocketing up and out of the water to land with a galant splash. As its buddy rests, he waves his fin above the surface as if to send you back to the pier with one last happy goodbye.
It’s only natural that you want to wave back when you see that everybody else on the boat is waving and wearing a dolphin smile.
How contagious the natural joy of swimming freely like a dolphin is for all who join our small pod of ten swimmers (maximum 12 guests) on our boat, The Apollo. In short, the whole dolphin boat tour experience is a deepening of connection with loved ones and friends. What a difference it makes to see life through the tenderness of dolphin eyes.
- Swift eco style rigid inflatable boat
- Remarkable wildlife snorkelling across three sites, for up to 1.25hrs
- Opportunity to swim with bottlenose dolphins, weedy seadragons, Australian fur seals and smooth stingrays
- Personalised approach for greater confidence, improve your snorkelling skills
- All equipment provided including warm wetsuits and snorkelling gear
- Range of prescription masks available
- Completely natural wildlife experience, no feeding or trained animals
- Face-to-face expert commentary and in-water supervision with qualified guides
Terms & Conditions:
- Tours depart from Sorrento Pier
- Directions to Sorrento Pier
- All Guests must be minimum 8 years of age
- All Guests must be minimum 100cm tall
- Please be at the pier at least 25 minutes before tour departure time to ensure you have enough time to check in, dress in the provided wetsuit and receive your snorkelling equipment
- Tours depart at the scheduled time and will not wait for late guests
- Please dress comfortably and warmly
- Please bring swimmers, a towel, a hat, sunglasses, camera and your own re-usable water bottle
- Guests must have basic swimming skills as a minimum. Snorkel tours do not cater for people with no swimming ability. The Captain retains the right to refuse passage
- Guests with back, neck, shoulder or heart conditions, those who are pregnant or who have injuries/conditions that may cause a risk to their health are advised to not do these tours, or do so at their own risk
- Sea conditions can be unpredictable at times, this may cause physical injury, psychological stress or motion sickness
- Tours are rarely cancelled, the experience provider will reschedule your tour only in the case of severe weather which would make the tour unsafe
- Subject to minimum numbers and may be rescheduled if minimum numbers are not met
- Guests will have the opportunity to see and swim with dolphins, however sightings can not be guaranteed as they are wild animals
- Tours are conducted under strict permit conditions governed by the provisions of the Wildlife Act 1975 and the Wildlife (Marine Mammal) Regulations 2019 and as an approved permit holder we and all guests must observe and conduct our activities under the conditions of the permit. Details of these conditions are provided prior to the tour and on board the vessel
- The supplier reserves the right to substitute the vessel and / or change the day’s itinerary without notice
- Guests must provide at least 24 hours notice for cancellations or all fees will be forfeited