Freediving Coaching and Training Shore Dive
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Blairgowrie, VIC
- Product code: 2H-PFSD-TR
Enhance your freediving skills and abilities with professional Master freediving instructor Marlon Quinn on this 1.5-hour line-diving in-shore training dive for up to three students.
This personalised coaching and training session will develop your freediving comfort on the dive line. Diagnose equalisation issues, refine body position, perform breath-hold drills and optimise your weighting. The shore dives provide easy access to repetitive line dives under close instruction and swift repetition that develops skills in a programmatic way.
Open to all levels of freedivers interested in refining their technique, maximum depth for the shore-dive is 10m.
Private sessions available. Choose from:
- Mixed group of up to three freedivers
- Private one-on-one expert instruction
- Private session for two freedivers to share expert advice and guidance
This session will really benefit small groups of freedivers who have successfully completed a PADI Basic Freediver course or certified freedivers wishing to develop their skills and technique (eg Apnea Academy Discovery, AIDA 1*, SSI Basic Freediving).
The freediving training dive excursions from shore are focused on providing a core line-diving training developing base comfort, equalisation skills, proper diving form and adaptation to pressure. Dive with a professional instructor to shape your individual development. Joining one of these dives can contribute to achieving your PADI Freediver level one certification.
The session caters to freedivers from all recognised agencies (PADI Freediver, Apnea Academy, SSI etc) with each dive targeting optimal freediver development at an in-shore location with maximum 10m depth.
During the sessions participants are constantly monitored for safety by a dedicated instructor who will, in turn, also be able to give valuable tips for those who want to improve equalisation, the freediver trim, freefall, constant weight and free immersion.
Training Dive Highlights:
- 1.5 hours of in-water coaching by a Master instructor
- Easy access shore based location
- Professional line-diving training by qualified PADI Master Freediver instructor
- Personalised approach for greater confidence and development
- Limited to three students for maximum development (minimum 2x students required)
- Private training sessions available for one or two freedivers
- Enjoy the benefit of local expertise and adaptation for a range of freediving experience and skill levels
Terms & Conditions:
- Dive meeting point is Blairgowrie on the Mornington Peninsula
- Directions to Blairgowrie
- All students must hold and provide evidence of a valid and current PADI Basic Freediver certification or equivalent
- All students must be minimum 16 years of age
- You must have your own freediving equipment, including minimum 5mm wetsuit, mask, fins, snorkel and weightbelt
- Please arrive 15 minutes before scheduled start time dressed and be ready in your wetsuit and ready to start with your gear
- A 5mm freediving wetsuit is recommended for maximum warmth and performance
- Please bring swimmers, a towel, a hat, sunglasses and your own re-usable water bottle
- Guests must have moderate swimming skills as a minimum. Training dives do not cater for people with no swimming ability. The Instructor retains the right to refuse participation
- Guests with back, neck, shoulder or heart conditions, those who are pregnant or who have injuries/conditions that may cause a risk to their health are advised to not do these activities, or do so at their own risk
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving
- Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Sea conditions can be unpredictable at times, this may cause physical injury, psychological stress or motion sickness
- Activities are rarely cancelled, the experience provider will reschedule your activity only in the case of severe weather which would make the experience unsafe
- Subject to minimum numbers and may be rescheduled if minimum numbers are not met
- The supplier reserves the right to substitute the location and / or change the day’s itinerary without notice