2.5hr Mud Island Walk and Cruise
- Duration: 150 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Sorrento, VIC
- Product code: 150M-MUDISL-CR
Explore the environmentally significant Mud Islands and observe a multitude of thriving birdlife on a private RIB boat 2.5-hour adventure cruise for 2-12 guests.
Departing from Sorrento, a swift ride on the RIB Boat will take you meandering between the sand banks towards the island that sits low on the horizon. Getting ever closer to the landing point the vegetation including saltmarsh, shrubland and seagrasses becomes more obvious.
Arriving at the island, it’s time to wade ashore and enjoy a 1.5hour walk to the lookout and along the untouched beaches. Your first sighting of gannets, terns, cormorants and pelicans will inspire you to seek out more species before returning to the boat for the trip to civilisation.
An internationally significant habitat for many birds, the Mud Islands represent a great spot for birdwatching and up to 70 species have been recorded. Listed as a RAMSAR site, which is an intergovernmental treaty for the conservation of wetlands, visiting the island is a unique experience that connects you with a spectacular insight into one of the Bay’s big secrets.
- Swift eco style rigid inflatable boat
- Small group tour for a more personalised experience
- Exclusive access to the island
- Opportunity to observe diverse species including White-faced Storm Petrels and Black-faced Cormorants
- Insights and commentary with local qualified guides
Terms & Conditions:
- Tours depart from Sorrento Pier
- Directions to Sorrento Pier
- All Guests must be minimum 5 years of age
- All Guests must be minimum 100cm tall
- Minimum guest numbers apply
- Please arrive 15 minutes before tour departure time to ensure you have enough time to check in and make yourself comfortable
- Please dress comfortably and warmly
- Guests with back, neck, shoulder or heart conditions, those who are pregnant or who have injuries/conditions that may cause a risk to their health are advised to not do these tours, or do so at their own risk
- Eligibility of guests to participate in the tour is at the discretion of the Captain who has the right to refuse passage
- Sea conditions can be unpredictable at times, this may cause physical injury, psychological stress or motion sickness
- Tours are rarely cancelled, the experience provider will reschedule your tour only in the case of severe weather which would make the tour unsafe
- Contact us with any queries in relation to your group's specific requirements
- The supplier reserves the right to substitute the vessel and / or change the day’s itinerary without notice