1.5hr Dolphin and Seal Watching Eco Boat Tour Mornington Peninsula
- Trvanie: 90 Minút (cca.)
- Poloha: Sorrento, VIC
- Kód produktu: 90M-DSA-TR
Escape the crowds on a fast RIB boat ride and explore the waterways and coast that welcomed the first settlers in 1803 to establish the city of Melbourne. Encounter seabirds, seals, whales and dolphins and see the only black lighthouse in the Southern Hemisphere.
WaterMaarq's The Rip Marine National Park Sightseeing Cruise from Sorrento is an award-winning 1.5 hour cruise exploring the gorgeous Mornington Peninsula bays and coastline. Explore local waters for seals, whales & dolphins sightings on a boutique tour for 12 guests.
- Ideal for Bird, Seal, Whale & Dolphin Watching and Wildlife Photography
- Adventurous Nature Escape and Rich History Cruise
Fun, Swift and Stable RIB Boat Ride
- Visit Internationally Significant Bird Habitat
Ethical Sustainability Focused Guided Cruise
Cruise the glorious coast of the Mornington Peninsula and southern Port Phillip Bay. At any time of year you’re likely to see gannets diving, fur seals playing, nesting cormorants, or a pod of dolphins riding the waves and frolicking about.
See entertaining unique local wildlife on our boutique 1.5-hour seal, whale and dolphin watching cruise for up to 12 guests.
On board our swift eco boat Apollo, we'll cruise by the glorious coast of the Mornington Peninsula. Guests explore over 20-million years old sandy cliffs, immaculate holiday homes and pristine beaches. The coastline is part of the Point Nepean National Park and Port Phillip Bay. It is home to a variety of wildlife including seals, dolphins, occasional migrating whales and abundant seabirds well known to exceed 70 different species.
Touring southern Port Phillip Bay, you'll see several unique features that are unequalled. Cruising by the Ticonderoga Bay Dolphin Sanctuary tales of history will unfold. The cliffs leading to Point Nepean and the original defence forts precinct built to guard the entrance to Port Phillip Bay, known as The Rip. The Rip is where the waters of the bay meet the seas of Bass Strait. Here you'll cross the very first point our earliest settlers would have seen after their months long ship's journey.
During the summer months, the migratory shearwater birds congregate en masse at the waters at the heads, thousands upon thousands of birds rafting together on the surface.
Australian Fur Seals, once hunted excessively for their pelts, are now fully protected and enjoy resting on Chinaman's Hat, a man-made haul out platform in the bay. Here the seals get out of the water and rest after days of fishing. Seeing them up close you will be mesmerised by their presence, agility and adore their features.
From around June through to August (winter), along the southern coast of Victoria, our waters are home to the migration passages of whales. Sightings of Humpback, Southern Right and Killer whales (Orca) are increasing year on year. Visits into Port Phillip Bay are becoming more frequent and it's possible to gain some amazing sightings.
Any other day seals, seabirds including gannets, pelicans, shy albatross or white-faced storm petrels may greet you out on or above the water.
Passing by protected marine parks and one of only 64 Ramsar wetlands in Australia, you'll enjoy 360 degree views from our open vessel. Through sharing and developing understanding, we hope to aid protection and conservation of our significant nature and wildlife.
Every trip will teach you something new. The 1.5-hour Wildlife Sightseeing Boat Tour gives you a personalised view into the beauty and richness of Port Phillip Bay. Everyone enjoys the stable ride and freedom felt on board our small and robust tour vessel. Open air seating provides all-round view and a feeling of connectedness with the marine environment.
Your friendly crew will guide you as you explore the incredible diversity and magic of our beautiful coastal region.
- Swift eco style rigid inflatable boat
- Opportunity to see wild dolphins, seals and sea birds including gannets and cormorants
- Small group tour for a more personalised experience
- Up close remarkable wildlife viewing
- Completely natural wildlife experience, no feeding or trained animals
- Face-to-face expert commentary and interaction with qualified guides
Terms & Conditions:
- Tours depart from Sorrento Pier
- Directions to Sorrento Pier
- All Guests must be minimum 5 years of age
- All Guests must be minimum 100cm tall
- Please be at the pier at least 15 minutes before tour departure time to ensure you have enough time to check in and make yourself comfortable
- Tours depart at the scheduled time and will not wait for late guests
- Please dress comfortably and warmly
- Guests with back, neck, shoulder or heart conditions, those who are pregnant or who have injuries/conditions that may cause a risk to their health are advised to not do these tours, or do so at their own risk
- Eligibility of guests to participate in the tour is at the discretion of the Captain who has the right to refuse passage
- Sea conditions can be unpredictable at times, this may cause physical injury, psychological stress or motion sickness
- Tours are rarely cancelled, the experience provider will reschedule your tour only in the case of severe weather which would make the tour unsafe
- Subject to minimum numbers and may be rescheduled if minimum numbers are not met
- Guests will have the opportunity to spot dolphins, however sightings can not be guaranteed as they are wild animals
- The supplier reserves the right to substitute the vessel and / or change the day’s itinerary without notice
- Guests must provide at least 24 hours notice for cancellations or all fees will be forfeited