1-Day Surf Survival PADI Basic Freediver Course
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Portsea, VIC
- Product code: 1D-PBFSRF-CRS
Learn to hold your breath comfortably in high stress water conditions with Elite PADI Master Freedive Instructor, Marlon Quinn.
Develop surf survival breath-hold skills that will save you in a hold-down situation, and not just one stressed hold, but repeated hold-downs. Our methods train you specifically to deal with repeated hold downs in high stress situations. You will manage your mind better, your holds better and have new skills and awareness to enjoy the surf and difficult coastal waters, whether that's 2ft waves or 20ft waves.
Develop your breath-hold comfort and abilities on this one-day tailored freediving course. Your skills and techniques will be honed with an instructor who learned to freedive with the best freedivers in the world, including World Champions and record holders Umberto Pelizzari and Stavros Kastrinakis.
The Surf Survival PADI Basic Freediver course is for surfers, surf rescuers and surf riders interested in developing advanced stress management techniques with a professional instructor. It gives you the core foundations. You MUST be able to swim and be in good physical health to make sure you gain the most from the course. Start right away, you don’t need to train for it or have experience with snorkelling, skin diving or freediving.
At the end of the course you will have learned specialised breath-hold skills, relaxation techniques, and performed a triple-hold down sequence comfortably, that our big wave surfers say is tougher than their worst and most stressful surf experience.
As the first part of PADI Freediver certification, it is possible for all students who successfully complete the Basic program to continue their training as a freediver. They are the core foundations to take with you anywhere in the world.
At the end of the course you will have learned specialised breath-hold skills, relaxation techniques, and performed a triple-hold down sequence comfortably, that our big wave surfers say is tougher than their worst and most stressful surf experience. Successful completion results in PADI Basic Freediver certification too, your passport to freediving anywhere in the world.
- On-line PADI Freediver Touch interactive self-paced learning
- Classroom theory and practical breathing & relaxation skills
- Pool training for static breath-hold, hold-down simulations and rescue techniques
Indicative Course Timetable
- E-learning in your own time before the course (allow up to 10 hours)
- 4-6pm Classroom theory and practical breathing & relaxation skills
- 6-9pm Pool training for static, hold-down simulation and rescue techniques
- Small groups (4-8)
- Fully tailored approach for surfers, body boarders, surf rescuers and anyone wanting to build new confidence
- Elite PADI Master Freediver Instructor with over 5 years experience and 400+ students
- Successful completion results in certification as PADI Basic Freediver, recognised worldwide
- Courses are held in Cheltenham, VIC
- Directions to Cheltenham Theory Venue
- Directions to Cheltenham Pool Venue
- All Students must be minimum 14 years of age
- Please arrive at the theory venue 10 minutes before commencement time to ensure you have enough time to check in and get settled
- Please dress comfortably
- Please bring a bag with your swimmers, 5mm wetsuit, fins, mask, snorkel, weightbelt, a towel and your own re-usable water bottle. Rental equipment is available.
- Guests must be able to swim. Courses do not cater for people with no swimming ability. The Instructor retains the right to refuse participation in which case your attendance is forfeited
- Guests with back, neck, or heart conditions, those who are pregnant or who have injuries/conditions that may cause a risk to their health are advised not to participate, or do so at their own risk
- A medical statement must be submitted to attend the course
- All participants under the age of 18 years must have a parent/guardian sign all applicable waiver/medical forms
- At least one 90 second static breath-hold attempt and 25m underwater dynamic swim must be performed
- Subject to minimum numbers and may be rescheduled if minimum numbers are not met
- The supplier reserves the right to substitute the venue / pool and / or change the day’s itinerary without notice