Dolphin Cruise, Seal Swim and Reef Snorkel Adventure
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Sorrento, VIC
- Product code: 2H-DSR-TR
Join a remarkable two hour boutique small-group snorkelling tour beside the stunning Mornington Peninsula in Victoria.
See dolphins. Swim with seals. Snorkel over magical reef. The tour departs from the pier in Sorrento, original land of the Boonwurrung people, site of the first European Settlement in 1803, and passes beneath the up to 20-million year old unique calcarenite cliffs of the Mornington Peninsula National Park. Beneath the water lay the vast chain of the Great Southern Reef and its unusual yet often majestic marine life.
Extending around Australia’s southern coastline is a series of reefs holding some of the most productive ecosystems on the planet. The Great Southern Reef features extensive kelp seaweed forests that support many marine species that are not found anywhere else on Earth.
Home to a variety of marine life including fur seals, zebra fish, little penguins, bottlenose dolphins, rays, giant cuttlefish, spider crabs, sponges, kelp and seadragons. You’ll be smiling from ear to ear swimming freely with entertaining seals, listen curiously to the grunts and clicks of fish working the reef and be mesmerised by the rich colours you could never have imagined live beneath the surface.
Your friendly crew will guide you as you explore the incredible diversity and magic of our mysterious underwater world.
- Swift eco style rigid inflatable boat
- Personalised approach for greater confidence
- Remarkable wildlife snorkelling
- All equipment including warm wetsuits and snorkelling gear
- Completely natural wildlife experience, no feeding or trained animals
- Expert commentary and in-water supervision under qualified guides
Terms & Conditions:
- Tours depart from Sorrento Pier
- Directions to Sorrento Pier
- All Guests must be minimum 8 years of age
- All Guests must be minimum 100cm tall
- Please arrive 25 minutes before tour departure time to ensure you have enough time to check in, dress in your wetsuit and receive your snorkelling equipment
- Please dress comfortably and warmly
- Please bring swimmers, a towel, a hat, sunglasses, camera and your own re-usable water bottle
- Guests must have basic swimming skills as a minimum. Snorkel tours do not cater for people with no swimming ability. The Captain retains the right to refuse passage
- Guests with back, neck, shoulder or heart conditions, those who are pregnant or who have injuries/conditions that may cause a risk to their health are advised to not do these tours, or do so at their own risk
- Sea conditions can be unpredictable at times, this may cause physical injury, psychological stress or motion sickness
- Tours are rarely cancelled, the experience provider will reschedule your tour only in the case of severe weather which would make the tour unsafe
- Subject to minimum numbers and may be rescheduled if minimum numbers are not met
- Guests will have the opportunity to spot dolphins, however sightings can not be guaranteed as they are wild animals
- The supplier reserves the right to substitute the vessel and / or change the day’s itinerary without notice